OUR HISTORY AND our PRESENT
The history of the Department of Economics and Entrepreneurship dates back to 1992 – the year of foundation of both the Department and the Faculty of Management and Marketing of Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, which were established at the request of the rapid development of market relations in Ukraine.
From 01.07.2021 the department is headed by Professor Svitlana Oleksandrivna Tulchynska , Doctor of Economics, Professor, author of more than 200 scientific papers. Previously, the department was headed (since its inception) by Professor Krush Petro Vasyliovych , Candidate of Economic Sciences, Professor, author of more than 150 scientific papers. Scientific-pedagogical, educational-methodical traditions of the department were initiated by its first, experienced teachers of higher school: E.G. Sklovska, T.Ye. Shevchenko, V.I Podvigina, V.A Hulevych, V.Е. Shevelyov, MP Doroshenko, B.M Serdyuk, V.I Deputy, N.I. Shevchuk, O.V Klymenko, V.V. Yankov.
The formation of the staff of the department is carried out on the principle of succession of generations, mainly from the best of their own graduates.
Today the Department of Economics and Entrepreneurship is a close-knit team of highly qualified like-minded people, including 7 professors, 17 associate professors, 4 senior teachers who carry out scientific and pedagogical activities in the following areas:
– providing a high scientific, educational and methodological level of training of specialists in business economics for the national economy;
– development of full educational and methodical support of disciplines of the department;
– conducting consultations during the preparation of diploma, term papers, tests, participation in conferences and organization of internships at enterprises;
– conducting current scientific economic research on approved topics;
– organization and holding of methodological seminars, scientific and practical conferences on modern problems of economy and entrepreneurship in Ukraine;
– scheduled meetings of the department to address current issues of effective training of business economics and ensure the proper functioning of the department.
Significant scientific and pedagogical, educational and methodological potential of the Department of Economics and Entrepreneurship contributes to the proper training of highly qualified specialists for enterprises of the national economy in the field of knowledge 05 “Social and Behavioral Sciences” specialty 051 “Economics”:
– educational and qualification level bachelor according to the educational and professional program of the first (bachelor) level of higher education “Economics of business enterprise” full-time, part-time forms of education;
– educational and qualification level master’s degree in the educational and professional program of the second (master’s) level of higher education “Economics of Business Enterprise” full-time, part-time and second (parallel) forms of education;
– educational qualification level Doctor of Philosophy in
Economics according to the educational and scientific program of the third (educational and scientific) level of higher education of full-time and part-time forms of education.
At the same time, the Department of Economics and Entrepreneurship serves 10 institutes and faculties of the University, providing teaching of more than 50 economic disciplines.
Educational-professional and educational-scientific programs and disciplines of the department have full educational and methodical support – educational, working curricula, working plans of educational disciplines (syllabuses), provisions on rating system of estimation (RSO).
The scientific potential of the department is aimed at conducting topical economic research. There are two scientific groups at the department – “Principles of management and regulation of the national economy and its subjects” (head – Ph.D., Professor PV Krush) and “Diagnostics of macro- and microprocessors of economic systems” (head – Doctor of Economics, Professor VM Marchenko).
During the period of activity of the department: 4 doctors of sciences, 25 candidates of sciences were prepared.
The performed scientific researches have applied value and are successfully implemented in production.
The department is the founder of the annual International scientific-practical conference “Development of entrepreneurship as a factor in the growth of the national economy”, a collection of scientific papers Modern problems of economics and entrepreneurship . Igor Sikorsky and other free economic zones.
A number of scientific and pedagogical employees of the department successfully combine teaching with practical activities in consulting, innovation and business structures, in particular: Yu.V. Tyuleneva, SV Bakhmachuk , O.S.Khryniuk, B.V. Dergalyuk, S.V. Polishchuk.
Department of Economics and Business
Faculty Management and Marketing Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute © 2021
Kyiv, 03056, pr. Pobedu 37, Building 7, Room 522
Phone: (044) 204-98-58, (044) 204-80-68